Monday, April 30, 2018

The Gramercy Goal


We moved to Nevada last October. The drive from Oregon began the day Las Vegas had its mass shooting at a concert October 2017. #Vegas Strong!

Its almost fitting in my world to have something tragic begin my new adventure . It makes for an interesting place to start.  I will start off by saying, pardon any typos, My cell phone and I do not always see eye to eye on how words should be spelled...I try to grab them before posting, but s*!@ happens, and we all still make it through. LOL

The first week we were here, I drove past a community complex called "The Gramercy". Its Posh Art Deco style meets New York Metro basics seemed to attract me like some deep rooted need to belong.  I found myself making regular visits to the neighboring bistros and coffee shoppes, the Art stores, and Galleries, and oddly, even my doctors' office's are near by this mini metropolis of boho city life. They have on call fitness gurus, and daily activities along with community wide events and live music on the weekends.
Needless to say, the more reasons I found to get closer and more involved in the community, the more I long to live there. The Gramercy , however, has a high Posh Price tag to go along with its brilliance.  That, as most of you may know, has NEVER stopped me from trying to get what I want, even if only for a short while.
So here I am, it's the end of April now,  and I have been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer (full diagnosis still in progress), and I am sitting in the little coffee shoppe that reminds me of Poor Richard's back home in Colorado, this place even smells like books and coffee. But here I am still, pondering now...how will I make this place happen for my kids and I before I get too sick.
Outside of a minor GoFundMe and a loan from a few family friends, we are exactly what you would call a working poor family with a ridicules amount of bills and debt, and even more to come now with my C-word coming into focus.
Now I have had my ups and downs. I have had some crazy fun times and wild nights, exciting careers , and dumb ones too. I  have met some amazing people, both famous and not so much...but nothing makes you think more than a *"possible"* medical death sentence.
I spend more time now, wanting to reconnect with people I have loved my entire life, from childhood on, and trying to make amends where possible. I am by no means a perfectly nice person, or a nicely perfect person,  LOL. I am so flawed I have made it an art form.  I practice standing out and being something not like the others as often as possible. Yet here I am, longing to belong to a community resort where my kids can have something stable and slightly closer to what most would call normal life.
I honestly got ecstatic the other day when my younger son said he gave his phone number out to some kids at school and has actually made efforts to make friends now that we dont plan to move again anytime soon. I keep hoping for more miracles, but I am sure I am not the only one who wishes Ellen D. Or Ty Pennington might show up and give us a chance at a real home or maybe a moment in The Gramercy,  but isn't that what hope is for. Something to look forward to and dream of.
So heres to hope, and Dreams of The Gramercy Goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment