Thursday, April 18, 2019

When the Ice is finally broken, and the world starts to be whole again...that's where I find you.




"It's wild when the silence is finally broken. How strange it seemed to hear your voice again, like we had just met and you were a complete stranger. However, the familiarity between us was glaring and the strength it took to just say hello was like acrobatics without a net. I'm glad it happened though. I'm glad the ice was broken and the mirrors shattered. It's been a strange place not having you around...a weird void. Even if it was just for a moment, a fleeting second or two, it was nice to be in the same place as you and it not be a fight , or a fear, just a normal conversation with an old friend."



          Does anyone else ever wonder why rifts begin? Why the distance grows and how it ever started. How can something whole become half with no warning? (No, I am not talking about my personal love life here...to my friends who will wonder...we are grand bananas still...) But seriously, I was sitting back thinking of the people I personally have distanced myself from over the years, or have done so to me, and I realized, in many cases, there is so much I miss of those people being in my world. I don't regret the losses, but I somehow reminisce about the memories of how we were. As a person who lived in her past for far too long, I find it hard to let go, and when I finally did recently, a person from my past popped back in just to say hello. I truly never thought this person would speak to me again, but there it was, a note, on my phone and a quick message saying hey...their version of an I'm sorry too...and it was awesome. Forgiveness happened somehow, somewhere, and without any reason to it. It made me think, why do, as people, go about our days letting go of people we have loved and never even trying to rectify to issues that cause the rifts between us...???? Why do we let go of someone that we made time for once. What brings us all to that place where we feel like the choice is goodbye, never again, instead of trying to find a path through the dark side and find each other again... why do we do what we do?

So that's the philosophical question of the week, lets all discuss shall we??? WHY DO WE DO WHAT WE DO?

For what its worth, and if those eyes ever read this blog, it was pleasure hearing from you again, I'm glad you broke the ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment