Thursday, December 27, 2018

In Retrospect



       So, one step closer to our Gramercy Goal. Today we interviewed for a Rotunda Modern design Apartment home. It was stunning. The light was amazing and the location was perfect. Now we just have to get the cash together and we can get in! That's the hardest part.

       In trying to keep my head high and perspective clear after the life I have been living for the last 6 months, I am going to stay positive that some form of miracle will happen and we will get this place. It will , currently take a miracle to get in. We have everything we need, except the deposit funds.

       Today I applied for a crazy amount of careers with the NHL film department for The Vegas Golden Knights...call me nervous, its been a while since I have tried to get back into film in any form. The main position I have applied for is entry level and is a film editor and processor position.

        I also applied for several jobs at T-Mobile Arena and with MGM. Its been odd living in a place this long, as most of you know, I am more of a Gypsy and find it hard to stay settled for any amount of time. There is magic in Vegas though, and not just on The Strip.

       Its been about 10 years and some change since I was considered "Rich", and I oddly look back at those times wondering what the hell I was thinking, we ( my crew and I ) could spend $10 grand in an afternoon like it was nothing, and we did, often. Though we no longer have the financial security we once did, and though times have been hellish lately, I feel more rich now than I did then. I have more to look forward to and I am humbled by what I have had, lost, had again, lost again and am now restarting again...

        It has been hard to recover this time, I normally bounce back rather fast from drama, and it normally doesn't scare me, but this time I have more to lose. It is a transition and I am honestly scared of the future. I will be going back to college at the beginning of the New Year to finish my degree in hospitality and in film here at UNLV. I am very excited about that.

Okay world, Wish us luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment