Sunday, January 6, 2019

The day the fog came down the mountains and into the desert valley




Have you ever spent a few weeks trying to improve your world with an idea and then realise you have destroyed that idea of happiness because you talk too much? I have! Far too often than I care to admit, but at least I know who I am. This has been my last month.  On the 8th of December 2018, I started talking to someone that I really enjoyed talking to, but I feel I may have ruined those chances because I can't seem to ever get out of my own head. My demons rear their heads and my insecurities break me down, no matter how hard I try to stave them off. So this leads me into my current day...

After a night of prolific texting on an ancient cell phone, I have decided to not talk at all. It's been like walking into a fog. Then this morning broke upon me and the irony in it stole my eyes to the hills. The clouds were touching to desert floor, rolling down from Mt. Charleston and across the painted hills of Red Rocks Canyon, until the misty pillows of grey and white cotton tapped into the Las Vegas lights.

Now, I don't know if you have seen this phenomenon with your own eyes, but it's actually very rare to see fog in the desert. Rain happens, strikingly, very often, but fog normally only happens high in the hills, not often in the valley. As the world begins to warm up and the sun shines down beams of glistening heat in patches throughout the city, the darkness of the nights'  fog begins to lift back up to the abyss of the sea above us. The rains still tap dancing along the outer canyons , after having washed this Sin City of its sins so we can all start anew. A brand new day dawns and the city seems a bit more empty again today.

But, as I have so many times before, and with the inner strength of a hundred Native American women who have struggled with the world before me, I will take my gypsy soul for a new ride, and keep my open heart wide open and my eyes set on the bigger goals, like My Gramercy Goal, or getting back into the sports world, I was most proud of my accomplishments when I worked within the Olympics Training Center, and one never really knows when fortune will smile. More often than not, fortune smiles down on you when you least expect it to, so maybe today will be that day, the day when the sun beams down on me and mine.


           STAY POSITIVE, STAY FOCUSED
                 ALL THINGS WILL WORK OUT IN THE END, AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEY ALWAYS SAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment